This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
$PATH differs in different context
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: $PATH differs in different context
- From: "Doug Wyatt" <dwyatt at sunflower dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 17:00:30 -0500
- Reply-to: dwyatt at sunflower dot com
I simply linked /bin when I set up my Cwgwin32 installation:
/bin -> /cygnus/cygwin-b20/H-i586-cygwin32/bin
I was just playing around with Andy Piper's 'check_cygwin_setup.sh"
and I noticed that $PATH is different in interactive Bash w/resp to the
$PATH value in a shell command file.
Bash$ echo $PATH
Why is any processing done on the contents of the PATH variable?
Doug Wyatt E-Mail: email@example.com
Sys Admin Phone: 785-843-4099
Kohlman Systems Research, Inc. Fax: 785-843-6459
319 Perry St., Lawrence, KS 66044 USA
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org