This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sh doesn't like make's quoting
- To: Todd Greer <tgreer at acm dot org>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: sh doesn't like make's quoting
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 20:11:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Todd Greer <email@example.com> wrote:
> I looked in archives for this, but couldn't find help...
> I'm having problems with 'echo "foo"' in a makefile, using a make I
> built. If someone can either tell me how to fix the problem or where
> to get a recent make that will work, I would greatly appreciate it.
> I recently compiled the latest version of make (3.78.1) because I want
> the $(MAKECMDGOALS) feature that was introduced in 3.77. (Cygwin
> B20.1 has 3.75). I used their build_w32.bat, which uses VC.
Use `echo 'foo'' instead of `echo "foo"'. You could also try `echo ""foo""'.
Earnie Boyd <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Newbies, please visit
(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com