This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: date and TZ
- To: Noel L Yap <yap_noel at jpmorgan dot com>, George Thiel <gthiel at xiox dot com>
- Subject: Re: date and TZ
- From: Paul Berrevoets <paul at swi dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Oct 1999 15:15:36 -0400
- CC: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Organization: SWI Systemware/Halcyon Inc.
- References: <85256804.0057B9A3.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Noel L Yap wrote:
> It seems that date is not affected by the setting of TZ. Does anyone have any
> ideas what I'm doing wrong?
B20.1 doesn't support the TZ environment variable.
George Thiel wrote:
> On an NT40 machine with cygwin b20 the date command returns a "time"
> that is one hour behind the system time. How can I fix this.
B20.1 doesn't handle daylight savings time very well, especially during the months
of switchover (April/October in North America).
The good news is that recent snapshots have greatly improved date/time handling
(including the TZ environment variable).
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com