This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Newbie question: symlinks and samba
- To: Steve McWilliams <stevemc at Radix dot Net>, cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: Newbie question: symlinks and samba
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Steve McWilliams <stevemc@Radix.Net> wrote:
> Hello all,
> I have noticed that cygwin (b20) doesn't create symlinks correctly in our
> windows nfs (maestro) filesystems, though it does so correctly in the ntfs
> I'm assuming this is probably some inherent limitation in windows nfs, so
> I am considering switching to samba instead. Does anyone know whether
> symlinks (e.g. using 'ln -s') can be created successfully using a
The answer you seek can be found in the archives. In short _yes_ it can be
done, the SystemFile attribute needs to be set for the symbolic links to work
in cygwin. If setup properly samba can do what you want. Note: This is the
extent of my knowledge on this.
Earnie Boyd <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Newbies, please visit
(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com