This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: not updating unwritable cache ../config.cache
- To: Bernard Dautrevaux <DAUTREVAUX at microprocess dot com>
- Subject: RE: not updating unwritable cache ../config.cache
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 04:43:25 -0700 (PDT)
- Cc: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Reply-To: earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com
--- Bernard Dautrevaux <DAUTREVAUX@microprocess.com> wrote:
> Why? mingw gcc is compiled and run in the cygwin environment I think, so go
> through cygwin1.dll that handles ntsec.
Mingw32 gcc and binutils _DO_NOT_ use the cygwin1.dll. That is the reason it
exists. Instead it uses the runtime from M$. So, Kai is correct that Mingw32
doesn't care about ntsec as far as the it's implementation within cygwin1.dll.
Earnie Boyd <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
Newbies, please visit
(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)
Do You Yahoo!?
Bid and sell for free at http://auctions.yahoo.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com