This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Did somebody try to compile cygwin1.dll by VC++?
- To: Hongwei CHU <chu at softbrain dot co dot jp>
- Subject: Re: Did somebody try to compile cygwin1.dll by VC++?
- From: "'cgf at cygnus dot com'" <cgf at cygnus dot com>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 23:06:22 -0400
- Cc: "'cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com'" <cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com>
- References: <01BF0CB8.86915350@NTYANTAI>
- Reply-To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
On Sat, Oct 02, 1999 at 09:37:56AM +0900, Hongwei CHU wrote:
>>It is very unlikely that this would work.
>Would you please explain that in a little bit more detail?
There are several places in cygwin which use g++ extensions.
Even if you managed to compile it that doesn't mean that the cygwin DLL
would naturally play better with MSVC DLLs. The Cygwin DLL implements
it's own I/O subsystem. It's not going to be aware of the MSVC
subsystem just because it was compiled with MSVC.
Please don't ask for further explanations. Feel free to prove me wrong
on this. This is one of those things where you can easily demonstrate
if this works by trying it.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com