This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: pwd command output
- To: cygwin at sourceware dot cygnus dot com
- Subject: Re: pwd command output
- From: Keith Starsmeare <keith at tardis dot ed dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 1 Oct 1999 08:28:31 +0100 (BST)
- Reply-To: Keith Starsmeare <kxs at bigfoot dot com>
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> BTW, I'm thinking that the cygdrive text is stored in the registry and could be
> changed to what you want. I can't verify that at this time but you could look
> using RegEdit. The /cygdrive/ was added to change the // due to problems with
> Win32 thinking it was referencing a network drive. It could have just as well
> have been made an error if the drive isn't mounted rather than defaulting to
> anything at all.
Why have the drives been mapped under "cygdrive" - that's quite a
confusing name as it's referring to the DOS or Window's drives! Why not
mount them on /dev (in the Unix style) instead?
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org