Re: GCC and my modem

Richard Hitt wrote:

	Issuing the command "gcc -o f.exe xxx.c", where xxx.c consists of...:

#include <stdio.h>
int main() {
  printf("Foo!\n");
  return;
}

... causes 87 bytes to go out and 36 to come in, so says the Dial-Up
Networking Monitor.
I'm connected to the Internet through a dial-up PPP account, and, no,
the data-transfer doesn't occur if I tell gcc not to link, so I guess
that that's -where- it's happening, so, again, why?;)

This is from the cygwinb20 full.exe distribution at Cygnus' FTP site,
running on WinNT 4.