Re: threads ?

--- "Robert A. Mackie" <robert_mackie@mail.com> wrote:
> Does the cygwin.dll support anything like posix threads ?  I looked
> through the headers and found the process spawning stuff.  I can use
> that if I need to, but was hoping that I'm just being obtuse somehow in
> not finding the thread create, and the rest.

And if you had searched the archives the answer is no.  There is the beginnings
of pthreads within the cygwin sources but you have to build it yourself with
the appropriate switches.

> At this point I'm not building mingw stuff, just using g++ and the
> cygwin.dll sort of "naively out of the box."
>
> Rob.
>
> PS: What is cygwin1.dll vs cygwin.dll ?

cygwin.dll is a pre b19 release of the product.  cygwinb19.dll is the b19
release of the cygwin product. And cygwin1.dll is the b20 and since release of
the cygwin product.  The version b21 release dll will still be named
cygwin1.dll.

===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)