RE: debugging across fork

[Andrew Dalgleish]
My root mount is U:/ (a subst drive), so you are probably correct.

I am now able to commence debugging this problem.
It just took me a while to realize I had to look up the child's
*windows* pid to attach.

For the benefit of those searching the archive, to use gdb attach you
need to run 'ps -l'.

I was hoping to do this, but my main bash window exits after starting
foo.
gdb foo &
(step until after fork)
ps -l
(look up child's windows pid)
gdb foo.exe 123

What did work for me (using Insight) was this:
./foo &
(after foo forks, the parent prints the child id, and the child does a
sleep(60))
ps -l
(look up child's windows pid)
gdb foo.exe 123