RE: Copyright of byacc/flex generated source.

-----Original Message-----
差出人 : Chris Faylor <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
宛先 : Koichi Yamashita <fwif7860@mb.infoweb.ne.jp>
CC : cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com <cygwin@sourceware.cygnus.com>
日時 : 1999年8月24日 0:09
件名 : Re: Copyright of byacc/flex generated source.

>On Mon, Aug 23, 1999 at 04:37:08PM +0900, Koichi Yamashita wrote:
>>I'd like to write byacc/flex code for our new application.
>>I am planning to generate c++ code using byacc/lex and
>>compile by MS VC++ compiler(MSC).
>>Is there any limitation to sell our binary developed like above?
>>The sales will be to our limited (perhaps only one)
>>customer/customers without cygwin binary/cygwin.dll.
>>
>>If there are any problems, please tell us.
>
>That's not a question that can be answered here.  Take a look at the
>appropriate files in any flex or byacc distribution.
>
>Cygnus certainly does not have a problem with your use of generated
>code.  The originators of these programs might have some restricitions,
>however.
>
>-chris

Chris,

Thank you for your kindly answer.
Your letter was very helpful on our meeting.
We are to develope an analyzer for C-written sources.
If you have any sample for C lexical analization tool
(yacc/lexx source code sample or other already-made app/library),
please give us infomation.
If not, you need not reply.

Regards,
Koichi