Re: How do I list subdirectories?

---  Clark Sims  <clarksimsgnu@my-Deja.com> wrote:
-8<-
> It seems that this is a question on pattern matching.
> It seems to me that a directory which is mached by:
> \/
> should also be matched by
> *\/
> and
> .*\/
>
> Maybe I will understand the difference in
> interpretations as I become more familiar
> with Cygwin. Untill then I am stumped.

My guess is that the * is begin interpretted as a globbing wildcard instead of
the regular expression wildcard and you're getting the list of files in the
current directory as the pattern to match.  You can test this by quoting the *.
===
Earnie Boyd <mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com>

Newbies, please visit
<http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/index.html>

(If you respond to the list, then please don't cc me)