Subject: Wanna help adjust gnu C compiler for windows?
From: Bob Marcum <bmarcum@UnixSolutions.com>
Date: 1999/06/28
Newsgroups: comp.lang.eiffel,comp.lang.c,comp.os.MS-windows.programmer

Here is the situation:  The gnu/cygnus C compiler for windows does not
presently fully implement the MS win32 API.  Both Cygnus and Interactive
Software Engineering (ISE), the original inventor/authors of the Eiffel
language, want to see this open source compiler fully implement the
win32 GUI API.  (And, I suspect, so do many, many others!)

This is a call for volunteers who might like to work on this interesting
open source project.

We have reason to believe the project team will receive technical
support from both Cygnus and ISE.  Most of the technical issues, I
believe, will be on the Cygnus side, but each iteration of improvement
will be tested against Eiffel generated C code to check/confirm whether
the improvements work with a sophisticated Windows application.

I am hopeful we can round up, during the month of July, 3-6 very good C
programmers with Windows C development experience and knowledge of
and/or interest in the Win32 GUI API.  Skills with and interest in
Eiffel would be a nice plus but is not essential for those who want to
join this work.  Considerable work has already been done on another
phase of this project.  We, who have worked on this earlier phase, are
hopeful of seeing this newly re-constituted team ready to start on this
next phase by the first part of August.

We work together through a group collaboration facility, over the
internet.  The previous work has included volunteers from Germany to
California.

This is going to be a technically challenging, useful, and fun project.

Alright.  You fortunate few who may want an opportunity to work on this
neat project ... please STEP FORWARD!  Indicate you interest by sending
me an email.

(end of original message)

You can view this message and the related discussion by following this link:
http://www.deja.com/[ST_rn=md]/dnquery.xp?search=thread&svcclass=dnserver&recnum=%3c3777CAE5.CB6E9262@UnixSolutions.com%3e%231/1