install.exe (Was: A new user of cygwin and unix based system)

On Monday 28 Jun 99, DJ Delorie writes:
> > Second, please consider adding either a stand-alone info reader or a groff
> > port to the distribution.
>
> I have those on my machine.  Porting was actually pretty easy; you
> might try it yourself as an exercise.  Texinfo just needed a makefile
> tweak (add .exe to makedoc)...

Alternatively, I recommend using Pierre A. Humblet's replacement for
install.exe, available at
<ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/cygwin/porters/Humblet_Pierre_A/install-cygwin-b20-sh>.
I found it unnecessary to hack individual makefiles with this version
of install.

Any chance that this functionality could be incorporated into the
install.exe shipped with Cygwin?  Or am I missing something?

David