Re: cat broken

> Using the 5/23 cygwin1.dll, the following is broken:
> 	cat >file
> It echos the input typed from the terminal

Uh, that's what is supposed to happen... unless you mean that it ONLY
echos the input, and writes a zero-length file?

> and refuses to accept ^D as EOF.

Use ^Z<CR> (i.e., pretend you had typed COPY CON FILE instead).  This
is just a hack.

> I have CYGWIN=tty among other things.

I honestly don't know whether this would affect things or not.  The
above is what I have to do with an out-of-box B20, no cat.exe or DLL
or CYGWIN= changes.

Luck++;

(If you reply to the list, please don't cc another copy to me.  Thanks!)
Phil