Re: Using Microsoft DLL's in GNU C

Let me explain further...:)

I have taken the cygnus-b21 distribution and built a cross-compiler to
target an i386-Linux platform so I can
build applications on Windows 9x/NT that run on my Linux box. Now I would
really love to use a certain MMX-based
DLL from Intel (which source code is not provided) and run it on my Linux
box. I know that Linux executables are
ELF-32 format whereas Windows DLLs are quite a different beast. What I was
hoping to hear was some clever
person out there figured out how to load a Windows DLL to access the DLL
functions. Although the two executables
(a Linux program and DLL) are different, the underlying code is still
native to i386.

Terry

Mumit Khan <khan@xraylith.wisc.edu> on 04/21/99 11:53:24 AM