Re: Help with installing

At 11:13 AM 3/29/99 -0800, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Nirmal Vuppuluri <> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> 	I have just started setting up Cygwin's bash. I do the mounts and
>> umounts as specified in the User's guide. But when I start Cygwin bash
>> again after some time, I see that the mounts and umounts did not have any
>> "persistent" effect. Its just like I am starting Cygwin bash the first
>> time. I would like to know what I am doing wrong.
>I believe that you are using NT, is this correct?  If so, you are a member of
>the administrator group, is this correct?  If yes, to both of these, then you'll
>have to modify the registry data with regedit to modify the root path.  You'll
>find the key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Cygnus Solutions.  Follow the
>paths until you find the appropriate one and modify the value.  If you do
>`cygcheck -r' you'll have a list of the registry entries created/used by
>-                        \\||//
>--                     --
>Do You Yahoo!?
>Get your free address at

I answer yes to both of your queries but I never have had to do what you
suggest to get mounts to work properly for any reason, although I'll admit
that I've had Cygwin installed for a long time so maybe I'm missing something
now.  Can you explain why you think Nirmal needs to do this and what it
gets around?

Larry Hall
RFK Partners, Inc.                     (781) 239-1053
8 Grove Street                         (781) 239-1655
Wellesley, MA, 02482-7797

Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to