This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
[ANN] Python header patched to build modules with mingw32
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [ANN] Python header patched to build modules with mingw32
- From: Paul Sokolovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 14:43:02 +0200
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Priority: Normal
- Reply-To: Paul Sokolovsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
I packaged patched headers from Python 1.5.2b2, script to produce import
library, and sample, all allowing/showing building DLL modules for
Python/win32 with mingw32 target.
This package contains patched headers and scripts to produce import
library required to compile dll modules for Python 1.5.2b2 with
mingw32 target (http://www.xralith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/).
'Python' subdir contains headers, put it (whole subdir) into your
include direcory (e.g., /usr/include).
'lib' subdir contains def file and Makefile to produce implib from it
(dlltool required). Def file as of Python 1.5.1, it was dropped in 1.5.2,
van Rossum suggests writing Python script to generate it from headers %) .
When built, drop it to your lib dir (e.g., /usr/lib).
'sample' contains sample from core Python source.
Changes to headers was made are as follows (see diffs):
* Added config.h subpart for gnu-win32 compilers (those defining both
__GCC__ and _WIN32).
* Some of structural types are marked as dllimported, this is required
for current egcs, or else it gives warnings (C mode) or crashes
(C++ mode) when referencing dllimported variable of that type. Note that
only _some_ of all types was marked, so if you get described behaviour,
chase offending struct. (I don't mark them all because not all should
be, and because it might bring other problems).
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org