This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
MinGW32 make.exe not executing shell commands.
- To: CygWin32 <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: MinGW32 make.exe not executing shell commands.
- From: Brendan Simon <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 18:20:19 +1100
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: CTAM Pty Ltd
- Reply-To: email@example.com
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sender: email@example.com
I have installed GNU make from Jan-Jaap van der Heijden's GNU-Win32 web
page. It is version 3.77 and I think it was compiled with egcs-1.1.1.
I can't seem to able to execute built in shell (command.com) commands
such as 'echo' and 'mkdir'. The output/errors I get are :
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), mkdir obj, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
Is there a bug or do I need to set up something first ??
I put my mkdir commands in a batch file and make found the batch files
ok and executed the mkdir commands fine. It looks like make is looking
for an executable called 'mkdir' and barfing if it can't find any.
Does any one have any ideas why 'make' is not executing the built in
shell commands ???
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org