This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Making DLL's
- To: Serguei DACHIAN <Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr>
- Subject: Re: Making DLL's
- From: Mumit Khan <email@example.com.EDU>
- Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:47:48 -0600
- cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Mon, 22 Mar 1999 00:03:58 +0100." <email@example.com>
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
Serguei DACHIAN <Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr> writes:
> Thanks to everybody who answered. Now I see that my script is indeed
> useless since "dllwrap" does all the nessecary job. But why in the User's
> guide and in the FAQ there is not a word about dllwrap!!!???
No doc because nobody's bothered to write it; I haven't had the
motivation/time. Contribution in texinfo format will be more than
appreciated of course. The README file in my dllhelpers package
does document most of it, and the rest are scattered throughout the
various examples I've published so far, eg., howto make java jni.
> The only thng
> that is talled about DLL making is that old complicated method that I used
> in the script. The place where I was able to find an excelent documentation
> about DLL making was not the CygWin cite, but
> > http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/dllhelpers.html
> I think User's guide and/or FAQ must at least point there.
Yes, this is a good idea.
dllwrap is nothing but a hack, but I needed it and it does the job. Here's
to hoping that we can soon put this hack to rest, thanks to DJ who has
rewritten the PE linker. There are still a few quirks in it, but that'll
all get flushed out/fixed after a bit of use.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Making DLL's
- From: Serguei DACHIAN <Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr>