This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: licensing NOT clear for me
- To: creative1 <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: licensing NOT clear for me
- From: Chris Faylor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 18 Mar 1999 11:58:59 -0500
- Cc: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <36F12714.8EDF060A@bigfoot.com>; from creative1 on Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 11:17:24AM -0500
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- References: <36F12160.87AE0FC0@bigfoot.com> <19990318111122.A792@cygnus.com> <36F12714.8EDF060A@bigfoot.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 11:17:24AM -0500, creative1 wrote:
>Hi there! Or, you can go to
>> http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/ and get the sources from there for
>You are saying then, that i can include the .dll on the zip on my website
>(www.unionlatina.org/kaosbot) and then just say something like
>If you want the cygwin source go to sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin
>and I don't even need to have the sources on the webserver?
>Can I do that?
>That would be GREAT! :)
No. I'm not saying that. I'm saying that you can tell the person that
there will be a processing fee for you to make the sources available on
your web site. If they are not willing to pay for this then you can
point the person to the Cygnus web site. If you don't feel comfortable
asking for money you could say that it will take you XX days to make
the sources available.
These are essentially tricks to avoid having to put our sources on your
web site. Unfortunately, I believe that the GPL is clear that you have
to make the sources available if someone asks. It doesn't say that this
has to be either cheap or easy, though.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org