This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- To: "Weiqi Gao" <email@example.com>, "cygwin" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Good News; Questions about Korn Shell for Win32
- From: "Valery Tulnikov" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:26:10 +0300
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Organization: Demos-Internet
- References: <002d01be6e33$bedf1130$29acdfd0@InspirePharm.Com> <36EBF9A3.578FBD77@a.crl.com>
- Reply-To: "Valery Tulnikov" <email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I remembered the old discussion in uwin list concerning MKS Toolkit. David
Korn was skeptical on this implementation of ksh and MS decision to license
it. He also informed that the only 'right' ksh implementation on Win32 is
included with UWIN package.
With best regards,
> Wasn't the MKS Toolkit licensed to Microsoft to be included in the next
> version of NT? I remember reading a press story about Mr. Korn showing
> up in one of the Microsoft demos, and challenged the compliance of that
> version of Korn shell, which the Microsoft manager vehemently denied
> until someone pointed out that he's being challenged by Mr. Korn
> Weiqi Gao
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org