This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
RE: Which command to bump when M$ is non-posixish
- To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: RE: Which command to bump when M$ is non-posixish
- From: "Todd Goodman" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 10:00:41 -0500
- Cc: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- Importance: Normal
- In-Reply-To: <199903140027.QAA19804@grebe.prod.itd.earthlink.net>
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
I expect you'll find many different answers to this question.
I like it to be a Posix machine when I'm running under cygwin shells
and a Windows machine otherwise.
I just have my cygnus.bat rearrange my path to achieve that effect.
> -----Original Message-----
> From: email@example.com
> [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]On Behalf Of Henry J. Cobb
> Sent: Saturday, March 13, 1999 7:27 PM
> To: Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
> Cc: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
> Subject: Which command to bump when M$ is non-posixish
> There are a few places where X.exe exists both as a WinDos
> builtin and a
> standard GNU command installed with Cygwin.
> Now, one of the commands can be renamed (or deleted ;-) or
> the path can be
> set to choose one over the other (most of the time, for the
> Dos prompt).
> My requirement is that a WinDos machine with Cygwin installed function
> first as a Windos platform PC then as a DOS machine and
> lastly as a Posix
> machine. (When I feel the need for speed or whatever, I
> reboot to Linux...)
> Therefore I leave cygwin at the end and move the parts I need to
> non-blocked names.
> Does anybody think that Cygwin should install itself at the
> front of the
> Path environment variable?
> Want to unsubscribe from this list?
> Send a message to email@example.com
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org