Which command to bump when M$ is non-posixish

There are a few places where X.exe exists both as a WinDos builtin and a
standard GNU command installed with Cygwin.

Now, one of the commands can be renamed (or deleted ;-) or the path can be
set to choose one over the other (most of the time, for the Dos prompt).

My requirement is that a WinDos machine with Cygwin installed function
first as a Windos platform PC then as a DOS machine and lastly as a Posix
machine.  (When I feel the need for speed or whatever, I reboot to Linux...)

Therefore I leave cygwin at the end and move the parts I need to
non-blocked names.

Does anybody think that Cygwin should install itself at the front of the
Path environment variable?