Why does telnet not work?

I use Cygwin-b20 at a Nt-Workstation 4.0, inetd runs as NT-Service,
inetd.conf contains a "telnet line", services file exists and looks

But if I try to access the local telnet server it happens this:

user@workstation://F/WIN/Profiles/user/Desktop > telnet localhost

I couldnīt find a solution for this well known problem in the
mailing-list archives.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance

Want to unsubscribe from this list?