Re: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION in egcs-1.1.1 (cygwin) compiled program

On Tue, 9 Mar 1999, Mumit Khan wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, 028587726-0001 wrote:
>
> > The following program crashes with STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION when
> > returning a class. Its compiled with egcs-2.91.60 in Cygnus b20.1. It
> > does not crash in a LINUX System, compiled with the same Version of the
> > egcs compiler.
> > If I'm a stupid, tell me.
>
> This is fixed in upcoming egcs-1.1.2. I'll announce the binaries as soon
> as EGCS group announces the source release (hopefully early next week).

Ooops. Sorry, but I was thinking about a similar, but unrelated bug!

You may be running into a problem with the exception handling that is
win32 specific (or rather specific to targets that are using setjmp/
longjmp based exception handling).

A workaround is to turn on optimization. I'll take a closer look soon and
let you know.

Regards,
Mumit