Cygwin Beta 20.1 - porting code to Linux

Can anyone explain why the "monkey" script I wrote
for use under Cygwin Beta 20.1 does not work under
Linux (Redhat 5.0)? It must be something extremely
elementary! (Sorry if you think this off-topic!)

Ron Feigenblatt

Here is the console interaction on Linux (running as root):

	[root]# set -xv
	[root]# /root/bin/monkey
	/root/bin/monkey
	+ /root/bin/monkey
	bash: /root/bin/monkey: No such file or directory
	[root]# ls -al /root/bin/monkey
	ls -al /root/bin/monkey
	+ ls -al /root/bin/monkey
	-rwxr-xr-x   1 root     root         3070 Mar  6 12:49 /root/bin/monkey

You can find my code cited in the post of: