This is the mail archive of the firstname.lastname@example.org
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed
- To: "Corinna Vinschen" <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: RPC : clnt_create_timed
- From: "Suhaib M. Siddiqi" <Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com>
- Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 19:49:30 -0500
- Cc: "Geoff Hayward" <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "cygwin" <email@example.com>
- Delivered-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: mailing list email@example.com
- Mailing-List: contact firstname.lastname@example.org; run by ezmlm
- Sender: email@example.com
>Suhaib M. Siddiqi wrote:
>> According to my knowledge, the SUNRPC is still version 4.0 on Sparc and
>> Solaris. Did you download the code from ftp://playground.sun.com? If
>> so it is the same source code which Sun perhaps uses with its Sparc and
>I don't know anymore, from where I have downloaded it, but now I have taken
>a look into the file `ftp://playground.sun.com/pub/rpc/rpcsrc_40.tar.Z'.
>identical to the one I downloaded once. It doesn't contain a function
>`clnt_create_timed()'. rpcsrc-4.0 is from SunOS 4.0.
>There is another RPC implemetation in the directory
>which is called the `transport independent' variant. The last version on
>server is `tirpcsrc2.3.tar.Z'. This is the version used on Solaris 2.3.
>This version doesn't contain the function `clnt_create_timed()', too!
You defintely know more about RPC code. All I meant that I saw those errors
in my core file. I did not say it came from rpc.h. I am sorry for not
being very clear. It very well may have been from the source code I used to
link to your librpclib.a. I did not investigated.
This afternoon I did check rpc header files on my IRIX 6.5. SGI uses the
same RPC which Sun uses on Solaris and SPARC under license (I assume) and I
also did not find a clnt_create_timed() in any header files under
/include/rpc directory. The rpc library on SGI is called libsun.a
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org