Re: "Out of environment space" error

>> You are the first NT user I've seen have this problem.  BTW, where is
>> the properties window for setting auto memory or 4096 on NT?
>
>Right click on the shortcut (which is a short-cut to an MSDOS program),
>select Properties, then Memory Tab, then under Conventional Memory
there is
>an Initial Environment drop down box which was set to Auto by default.

Oh you may be better off leaving that the way it was.  That will do no
good or harm to your Cygwin, in my opinion.  Also Microsoft does not
advice using a config.sys file on NT.

>Perhaps it has to do with my installing NT over an existing 95
installation
>on
>the same drive (a FAT partition).

Did you run the NT partition during installation?  It should have taken
care of it, unless you forced the Nt installed to install OS in the same
directory where Win95 was already installed.  In that case you are in
big trouble and may consider backing up your data and cleaning the
disk... then doing a fresh install.

--S