This is the mail archive of the email@example.com
mailing list for the Cygwin project. See the Cygwin
home page for more information.
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Re: setmode (long)
- To: "E. Robert Tisdale" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: setmode (long)
- From: Christopher Faylor <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 2 Mar 1999 22:00:00 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-To: email@example.com
- Delivered-To: mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-Reply-To: <36D51691.6E1579DF@netwood.net>; from E. Robert Tisdale on Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 01:23:29AM -0800
- Mailing-List: contact email@example.com; run by ezmlm
- References: <36D39A03.89B3C703@netwood.net> <19990224144217.A26668@cygnus.com> <36D51691.6E1579DF@netwood.net>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
On Thu, Feb 25, 1999 at 01:23:29AM -0800, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>> That's right in older Cygwin's
>> setting the mode to TEXT didn't necessarily change the mode.
>> This should be fixed in the snapshots.
>> We have gone around and around on this behavior in the developers list
>> but I think that the current implementation is correct.
>What do you mean by "older Cygwin's"?
>I downloaded Beta 20.1 and installed it.
>Do you mean that the problem has already been fixed in the snapshots?
>Has anyone actually tested (test'd) the snapshots
>to determine whether this behavior still persists or not?
Yes. I meant that this has been fixed in the latest snapshots.
>Should I download the latest snapshot
>and use it to compile my application programs?
>Or should I wait until the next release
>before upgrading my compiler?
That's not a decision I can make. You're welcome to try a snapshot
but snapshots carry no guarantees as far as stability is concerned.
However, this is a DLL problem so you should not have to recompile
your program to see a benefit.
Want to unsubscribe from this list?
Send a message to email@example.com