HOWTO: Building Cygwin/Mingw32 cross-compiler

Aldo Mazzilli <aldo.mazzilli@inria.fr> writes:
> I want to build a cross-compiler from Solaris to Win32 using Mingw32.
> Can someone tell me the best way for that (any ideas, URL ...)

For instructions on how to build Linux-hosted cross development tools for
Cygwin or Mingw32, visit:

  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/

Hopefully, I won't have to answer tons of email on this from now on. Then
again, since nobody seems to read mailing list archives, it's probably all
in vain ;-)

The instructions assume you'll be using egcs-1.1.x; if you're using FSF
GCC distribution, you're on your own. Please don't ask me for instructions
on how to use FSF GCC instead of EGCS.

I have only tested this configuration on i686-pc-linux-gnu. Any other
platform, you're on your own.

I take full responsibility for all mistakes in this guide. Corrections
and enhancements (with patches if possible) always appreciated.

Regards,
Mumit