Re: Question about -mno-cygwin.

On Mon, 8 Feb 1999, Arcadio A. Sincero Jr. wrote:

> Hello Gnu-Win32 Mailing List,
>
> 	I have a question concerning the -mno-cygwin command line switch.
> Will objects compiled without the -mno-cygwin switch link fine with
> objects compiled with it?  I ask because I noticed that if you want to
> build binaries using the -mno-cygwin switch, you need to link against
> Mingw32-specific versions of libstdc++ (and I assume Mingw32-specific
> versions of libobjc and libg2c as well, but I don't know for sure since I
> don't use Objective C or Fortran).

Yes, you need the migwn32 target libraries if you're linking against
libm.a, libstdc++ (C++), libiberty (BSD'ish porting routines), what not.
I have these libraries on my site:

  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/cygwin/egcs-1.1.1/

Of course, this is assuming you've upgrade to egcs-1.1.1.

Regards,
Mumit