Re: b20.1: binmode and pipes

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Yes, do the binary mounts! They simplify your work more than
> you think!
> You only have to convert your shell scripts. This is easy
> by using sed, awk, perl, gsar, or vi.

Yuck.  I agree with Earnie Boyd and the FAQ on this point.
The FAQ entry is:

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/faq.html#SEC54

see paragraph 5 in particular.

Earnie has spoken eloquently about this a surprising number
of times.  There's a summary in the Personal Reflections section
of his web site:

  http://www.freeyellow.com/members5/gw32/FileMode.html

A few of his msgs saying basically the same thing from the
archives:

  http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/8986.html
  http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/8500.html
  http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/8401.html
  http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/8317.html

It looks like it's sort that's at fault in my case...

--
John A. Turner
Blue Sky | VIFX    - http://www.blueskystudios.com/