Re: rename or copy cygwin1.dll to cygwinb19.dll

Corinna you should try gsar
makes these little things MUCH easier ;^)

NAME
       gsar - General Search And Replace utility

SYNOPSIS
       gsar [options] [infile(s)] [outfile]

DESCRIPTION
       gsar (General Search And Replace) is a utility for search-
       ing for and --- optionally --- replacing strings  in  both
       text  and binary files. The search and replace strings can
       contain all kinds of characters (0--255), i.e. Ctrl  char-
       acters and extended ASCII as well.

gsar -scygwinb19.dll *.[EeDd][XxLl][EeLl]
to make sure of only 1 replace
gsar -iscygwinb19.dll *.[EeDd][XxLl][EeLl] -rcygwin1.dll\000\000 -o

This should work but as always backups are a must!!

-