RE: Make addity?

I use make-3.77 built using the cygwin gcc tools for b19, having done
a straight-up "./configure" in the source tree to build it under the
cygnus environment.

The only time, I ever see "missing separator" type messages are when:

1.  The makefile was edited using an editor that converts tabs to spaces,
    gnumake REQUIRES command lines to begin with a <tab>.  Some windoze
    editors (and some configurations of emacs) convert tabs to spaces.

2.  I honestly forgot a colon where there should be one (like in a .PHONY)
    declaration.

It would help a lot if you showed us your makefile, at least a snippet
around
line 48 (couple lines before, couple after).

-Peter

Peter A. Vogel
Manager, SW Configuration Management
Chromatic Research, Inc.