Re: CD-based distribution (was Another website....)

Aren't there already windows .hlp files for a lot of this stuff?
I think that would be the most native/easiest to use.
I don't want to bring up a browser with overhead to do a man request.

Jeff Sturm wrote:

> HTML help files are a good idea provided the user has a decent browser
> installed (probably nearly all desktops these days).  Plenty of tools
> exist to convert man and tekinfo files to HTML (I assume).
>
> One problem using static files for help is the lack of a search
> facility.  I've heard Microsoft has done something for Win98, but that
> won't help us since the GNU-win32 distribution is targetting Win95/NT
> too.  Maybe someone can build a help engine based on Apache though...
>
> Marcus Brown wrote:
> >
> > An Idea,
> > How about using HTML Help as opposed to .info/man files?  This is an
> > up'n'coming help system that seems to be gaining a lot of ground, just a
> > suggestion...
> >
> > Jeff Sturm wrote:
> > >The 'man' command should be included.  What about HTML, or (ick)
> > Windows
> > >.hlp files?
> >
> > >Jeff Sturm
> > >jsturm@sigma6.com
>
> --
> Jeff Sturm
> jsturm@sigma6.com
> -

Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.                                banders@ecd.rockwell.com
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
-