Re: Like-unix tree directories

Hi Dominique,

This is an interesting subject.  The delima is that the non-cygwin
executables don't know about the mounted directory structure.  Yes,
you could use the cygwin mount table to do what your suggesting.
However, you are likely to run into the problem of the non-cygwin
programs complaining about "file not found".

To do as you've suggested:

bash$: mount -b //d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin /bin
bash$: mount -b //d/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin /usr/bin
bash$: mount -b //c/texmf/MiKTeX/bin /usr/local/bin

As an alternative that will help with the delima I'll suggest that you:

mkdir c:\bin
mkdir c:\usr\bin
mkdir c:\usr\local\bin

put bash.exe, sh.exe and cygwinb19.dll in c:\bin
put the rest of the cygwin executables in c:\usr\bin
and then put your MikTex in c:\usr\local\bin

You could leave the rest of cygwin alone or move the include directory
c:\usr\include and move the lib directory to c:\usr\lib.

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------