libg2c.so?

Hi,

I think I would like to have a shared version of libg2c for some stuff I'm
doing under Linux.  I have searched through the gcc mailing lists and come
up dry. There are "wish list"/"to be done in the future" comments about
converting libg2c.a into libg2c.so but no reports of anyone having done this
successfully. So  before I run off and try it, does anybody know of I a
reason I can't just build the stuff in the g2c subdir to be shared?

Thanks
Jeff Gunter

gunterj@dustbunny.physics.indiana.edu