Re: Rebooting from command line

Hi Ian,

Check out the InitiateSystemShutdown function from the Win32 API.

If you call the function with:

InitiateSystemShutdown( NULL, NULL, 0, TRUE, TRUE );

then no dialog boxes will be displayed, processes will be forced
closed and the system will reboot the local machine.  You must have
SeShutdownPrivilege to execute this command on NT.  It will return
TRUE or FALSE.

---Ian Collins <ian@kiwiplan.co.nz> wrote:

> As I have to constantly reboot my NT machine, I was wondering if
anyone
> knew a command line utility that can do this?
> (I can't use a GUI utility as I log on remotely with telnet).
>
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to

==
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
--earnie_boyd@yahoo.com--