RE: To use or _NOT_ to use InstallShield?

It's true that to make good use of Cygwin32 you need to know something
about filesystem structure etc.  However, I don't see how using
InstallShield is a problem in itself.  If you can do something for the
user, instead of having to provide instructions and let them do it
themselves, then why not take the easy route?

The installation, with the cygnus.bat placed in the start menu, lets the
user test that everything is working in the "default" configuration before
they go off and start changing things.

As a final point, I am sure that this list would be clogged with many more
"how to install this?" questions if Cygnus went back to the old .tgz file
or whatever.

--
Ed Avis

-