bash script execute permissions over NFS

  I'm running GNU Win-32 Beta 19.1 and Hummingbird's NFS client to connect
to a Sun Solaris NFS server.  /bin/sh scripts on the server have execute
permission according to Solaris and according to NT's file Properties
popup.  However, the ls command under bash shows the script (e.g. 'zork')
with no execute permission and bash says it can't execute it (file not
found).  If I rename 'zork' to 'zork.bat', ls then shows zork.bat to have
execute permission, and bash will execute it properly.  This problem does
not occur when using local NTFS disks, only NFS mounted disks.  On local
NTFS disks scripts run properly with or without the .bat suffix.  Anyone know
what's going on here, or how to fix it?  I _really_ don't want to have to
rename every script on the system with a .bat suffix.

  Thanks much,

Erik Butterworth
University of Washington - Dept. of Cardiology
butterw@u.washington.edu        206-764-2449

-