Re: BUG: Mingw32: _O_TRUNC

Hi Mikey,

>From: jeffdbREMOVETHIS@goodnet.com (Mikey)
>To: "Earnie Boyd" <earnie_boyd@hotmail.com>
>Subject: Re: BUG: Mingw32: _O_TRUNC
>Date: Tue, 31 Mar 1998 03:10:16 GMT
>
>See attached.

I guess I need to be a MSDN member to do that.

>_O_TRUNC Opens file and truncates it to zero length; file must have
write permission.
>You cannot specify this flag with _O_RDONLY. _O_TRUNC used with
_O_CREAT
>opens an existing file or creates a new file.
>
>Did you do your test under bash or command.com?

Results were the same under both.  I'm on NT 3.51, I forget what build.
The bits to the open mode are O_BINARY, O_WRONLY, O_CREAT, O_EXCL, and
O_TRUNC.  As I understand it, all of these should be able to be used
together.

I using JanJaap's 2.8.1 Mingw32 version to build.

>O_TRUNC open using msvcrt.dll causes write error
>under bash (the file is set read only).

I would expect that to be the case.

>0x200 is correct per MS, and does truncate the file.

I'm glad to here it.

>Try testing under command.com

I did.  Could you test the attached source using msvcrt and then crtdll?

---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------