Re: Mingw32 Futures (OpenGL)

	(http://dragon.acadiau.ca/~025668b/develop/directx/homepage.html)

> > and OpenGL in
> > both C and C++ forms.  This "extended" version has been qualified as part
> > of the FSF packages.  It can also co-exist with cygwin32.dll without any
> > apparent problems so far.
>
> I'm not aware of OpenGL capabilities :-)

	:-)  Oops...did I forget to mention that anyone can get the basic OpenGL
for Gnu/Win32 (Cygwin32, Mingw32, Mingw32 gcc) headers on the net?

Note:

	A week ago there were two web pages from which you could get the
OpenGL SDK v1.1...now there is only one.

	SGI no longer supports v1.1 of their Windows OpenGL for
Win32...apparently SGI has given up their rights to directly support and
supply any OpenGL SDK for Win32.  If you don't get it soon, you'll miss it
completely.

	As far as I can tell, MS is locking up OpenGL as tight as
it can and attempting to eliminate the possibility that any non-MS
developers will be able to get the necessary Win32-OpenGL headers in the
very near future.

	SGI appears to be supporting MS in this by no longer making any OpenGL
SDKs available for any MS Windows (95/98/NT) developers who are not
using the MS development packages (VC/C++, VB).

	The OpenGL.org site (http://www.opengl.org/) is still keeping some links
to SGI's v1.1 OpenGL SDK, but you have to hunt for them.

	You can currently get the basic headers for Gnu/Win32 (includes the
necessary Win32 OpenGL SDK v1.1 support files, minus SGI's OpenGL SDK
v1.1) from:

	http://dragon.acadiau.ca/~025668b/develop/opengl/

	These headers, I have to assume, will not work without the original SGI
OpenGL SDK for Win32 (v1.1) since, Rocky Burt, the person who has been
maintaining these basic headers, indicated that the only pre-requisite
for these basic headers to work was v1.1 of the SGI OpenGL SDK for Win32
(95/98/NT).

	Peace,

		Paul G.

Information Systems Consultant