Re: bash and ~

Here is how I have solved it.

1) My window environment variable is c:\users\pierre
I can call emacs and bash from Windows, they find my HOME, no problem.

2) In .profile I change HOME to /users/pierre
Note that in B18 this does NOT change ~,
but the bug is fixed in coolview.

3) In my .profile I also define a function
function emacs () { HOME='c:\users\pierre' /bin/emacs $* ;}

With coolview that function can be exported automatically to the subshells.
With b.18 you have to redefine it in your .bashrc or whatever.

Any better idea? The real fix is to have emacs understand "/users/pierre"
Are they aware of the issue?

Pierre

-