Re: FIXED: Troubles with DLL's

__imp_ is changed to _imp__ in dlltool because
that's the way that MS does it, and since I'm
trying to replace implib/link with dlltool/ld, and
use the native libraries, I'm doing it the same way.

object files compiled with cl.exe and using __declspec(dllimport)
won't link with import libraries produced with __imp_
and since there are many of these in the SDK import libraries,
that's how they have to be referenced.

On Sat, 21 Feb 1998 16:42:48 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi,
>This must be an iron rule: If you post a question to a newsgroup or mailing
>list next day - or even 5 minutes later -you found the answer by yourself.
>
>In my last message I wrote:
>> I use latest (I think) coolview and the linker from an archive
>> 'B18-patched-ld'.
>
>As I was able to figure out,  that the linker of
>B18-patched-link-compat-ld.tgz from <Mikey> causes the problems (size of
>ld.exe 282.112 bytes)
>If I use the b18 linker (size of ld.exe 265.216 bytes) relocating works.
>
>I still using the dlltool.exe and the other files from
>B18-patched-ld (org b18 dlltool.exe size: 175.104 bytes. dlltool, which I
>use from patched version: 200.192 bytes).
>
>If I reinstall b18 from scratch, even dlltest1.exe does not run properly,
>but crashing somewhere inside the dll_crt0. Coolview must be installed.
>
>I haven't tested it with Win95. In B18-patched-ld Mikey mentioned, that in
>this fix a bug with terminating .reloc sections.
>
>If you cannot compile the test packages, receiving an error while
>linking like this:
>
>undefined reference to _imp__dll1_global_char_ptr
>
>your are using the original dlltool which export the pointer with the name
>__imp_dll1_global_char_ptr (the underscores are important).
>(Mikey: What is the reason that this is changed?)
>
>You may have to change this in the makefile/scripts.
>

>I'll append a modified shell script 'cygshared', which can be used for b18
>ld/dlltool and patched dlltool (there is a flag --patched-dlltool).
>
>I've tried to include all experiences I made last 2 weeks. I wrote also a
>README, try to explain what to do to create a DLL easily and properly.
>
>Somebody can put this stuff on web page or ftp-site. But before publish
>this, maybe somebody should correct my English.
>
>By the way: dllfix.exe produces a gpf in my configuration.
>
>Roger

Linux a platform built by, and for users, standing on
the firm legs of reliability, and speed.

Microsoft Windows, a platform without a leg to stand on.

(jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com)
delete REMOVETHIS from the above to reply
         Mikey
-