Re: MINGW32: how use a configure script

>   cimadomo hervé (Herve.Cimadomo@imag.fr)
>   Fri, 20 Feb 1998 09:39:38 +0100
>trying mingw32 version og gnu-win32, i can't use any configure script
>because i cant' find sh for mingw32
>If i use bash of cygwin distribution, i have many error.
>my question is : is exist a mingw32 version of bash or tcsh ?

You have to set up cygwin on your system, and make a minimal Unix-style
file system on your C:\ drive:  I. e., c:\bin, c:\usr, c:\etc, c:\dev.

You can then use the cygwin version of bash and sh to run your configure
script, except that, to use it with mingw32, you need to change the gcc
`specs' file to the mingw32 `specs' file, and you need to change the
environment values for include and lib to point to the mingw32 include
and lib directories.

It takes a bit of work and some knowledge of Unix.

-