sockets and forking under W95

hi
The following is a code snippet from a simple program I am trying to get
going. It compiles and works fine on an Aix machine but when I try it under
gnuwin32 it compiles and links fine but when I hit the fork () function in
main() I get a stack dump also included. I am running on W95 with the latest
coolview. I seem to recall reading here at some stage about problems with
sockets and forking in W95 but cannot remember the details.
any clues? thanks.

Colman.
-