Re: b19 and cygwin.dll

ads@rmbmain.rmb.co.za wrote:

> NO NO NO!!!
>
> Can't agree.
>
> \windows\system32 should be for OS programs.
>
> Have you ever tried to un-install an app that copies its files
> into \windows\system32?
>
> I understand that with Win98 and NT5, M$ is trying to promote the
> idea of keeping programs and their dll's together.

That's the position we have wrt application dlls like cygwin.dll.
Different products will also ship with differently-named cygwin.dlls
starting with cygwinb19.dll.  This will avoid annoying cygwin.dll
version conflicts, at the expense of apps built to use different
cygwin.dlls being able to see each other as Cygwin apps.

--
Geoffrey Noer
noer@cygnus.com