Re: Linux "bazaar" model (Re: Beta-19 and configurations....)

I guess here is as good a place as any to put this comment.

Mumit include a nice batch file which sets up a "standard"?
environment for egcs with his distribution. Anyone actually using
cygwin32 has an equivalent + mount points that they have for
binary compatibility.

The same could be done for cygnus, but exactly
what "standard" is -- is the problem. Even so the basics should be
easily agreed upon. A parameter to which drive to use could be
factored in (I've done this for remote computers with some success)
especially when you put cygwin.dll in the bin dir that is in a path
that is setup in the scripts.

Then a "onetime" script could be used to
setup the standard mountpoints if they could be decided upon.
Personally I mount things weirdly for various reasons, including
different versions and different tries of software. I currently use
the cygwin32 stuff to supplement egcs.

Please don't blast me for not doing this for cygwin32. I would if
there were significant input on what the community wanted, but anyone
who could reasonably comment on needs wouldn't need help in setting
something like this up. But if I get a fair number of inputs, I'll
incorporate them into a script and host it on my homepage. Serious
requests will be seriously considered. Wishlists may be politely
ignored.

An additional parameter to be considered would be the Release number
in the script. This would allow for different releases by changing the
release parameter to the batchfile. It might acutally change some day.

-