Re: SOLVED!!! making relocatable dll's under B18 aka Marking dll's as dll's

   From: jeffdbREMOVETHIS@netzone.com (Mikey)
   Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 20:32:24 GMT

   Is there some reason why cygwin32 dll's aren't marked as dll's?

>From the patch, it seems that you are referring to the
DllCharacteristics field in the image format file header.  That field
is labelled ``obsolete'' in the Microsoft PE documentation.

Note that in my testing DLLs are correctly marked with IMAGE_FILE_DLL
in the Characteristics field.

   to make relocatable dll's that link with B18's cygwin.dll/libcygwin.a,
   or the coolview cygwin.dll/libcygwin.a
   you MUST give an image base other than 0x10000000,
   even with a --base-file= option.
   --image-base 0x10080000+ should be safe.

I don't find this to be the case on NT 4.0.  I am able to link with
multiple DLLs at image base 0x10000000, and cygwin.dll is correctly
relocated.

What version of Windows are you running?

Ian
-